Make Your Own Cold Brew Coffee
You can easily make your own Cold brew coffee in your home kitchen with the immersion method using a classic French press.
There are four criteria that determine the taste:
- the degree of roasting of your coffee beans
- the grinding degree of the coffee beans
- brewing time
- water hardness (can be neglected at the beginning)
For noar Cold brew coffee we use pure Arabica coffee beans from Colombia which we roast lightly so that the Cold brew has a flavor of chocolate and nuts. As a general rule, if you want to make your own Cold brew coffee you should use coffee beans that have been roasted to a medium to light color.
How to prepare Cold brew coffee
- 1 litre of cold water (depending on the size of your container)
- 90 g coarsely ground coffee beans
If you want to make your Cold brew using a French Press:
- 750 ml of cold water
- 60 g coarsely ground coffee beans
- Put the ground coffee in a glass jar.
- Add the cold water and make sure that the coffee powder is completely soaked.
- Leave the mixture to soak in the fridge for 16 hours.
- Now filter it…
- … and your Cold brew coffee is ready to enjoy! Whether as a cocktail, a non-alcoholic drink or simply on the rocks.